Re: SQL*NET 2.0

From: Michael Pantaleano <mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com>
Date: 16 Mar 1995 13:38:16 GMT

Kevin writes
> I'm tring to setup Oracle SQL*NET 2.0 to run from a network share drive. I'm
> having problems with workstations that never had it installed locally. On
> workstationd that did have it locally
 <stuff deleted>
> I think I'm just missing something small (INI or DLL??) I ran a grep on *.INI
> and the WIN.INI is the only file I found. I would hate to have to install
> SQL*NET and then delete it... Help
>
> Thanks

Depending on what your are using SQL*Net for, you might need VSL.INI to be put in the client's C:\Windows directory. If you are configuring the system to run Forms 4.x you will need DLLs that should go in the windows directory also. For Forms 4.5 there are ~14 DLLs you need but I am not sure of the number for 4.0. If all else fails you should try turning on the tracing, and the details there effect the VSL.INI which you can get from the documentation or previous TRACING posts in this newsgroup.

I've been there.
Mike Pantaleano
mike.pantaleano_at_ab.com
The opinions expressed here are not that of the people who sign my checks. Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 14:38:16 CET

Original text of this message