re. VMS 6.1/RDBMS 7.0.16.6/Financials 9.4.2 Gotchas

From: Peter Robin <probin_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 16 Mar 1995 11:16:33 GMT

Thanks to all who answered.
Never got to VMS 6.1 as when I upgraded ORACLE from 7.0.16.4 to 7.0.16.6.2 I had many many many problems relinking Financials. Once linking was achieved (still with a few warning messages), I got all the symptoms of a memory leak. Responses degraded from seconds to around 8 minutes.

The instant we reverted back to the old oracle version our responses went back to our zippy old system.

Many thanks to the guy (whose message I have lost) who first mentioned memory leaks as this helped us realise the problem in hours.

Peter Robin - probin_at_ozemail.com.au
Peter Robin & Assoc Pty Ltd
Canberra - Australia Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 12:16:33 CET

Original text of this message