Re: [Q] Oracle on NT

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 16 Mar 1995 06:41:35 GMT

In article <3k89q1$5nv_at_clarknet.clark.net>, wkostele_at_clark.net (Will Kostelecky) says:

>In article <3k7dbl$3ch_at_ixnews1.ix.netcom.com>, whitep_at_ix.netcom.com (Perry White) says:
>>
>>Has Oracle been released for use on NT? Details please... Thank you!!
>>
>Perry:
>
>Oracle is out on NT in both the full server version and in the new
>"workgroup" configuration (which I believe includes graphical tools
>similar if not as eloquent as for SQL Server). Check the Oracle Web
>server www.oracle.com.

Actually, the Oracle7 Enterprise Server (as opposed to the Workgroup Server) is not yet out on NT. (Unless has been released in the last few days).

It is supposed to be out REAL REAL soon now.

The Workgroup server v 7.1.3 is available in production, and can be downloaded from the Oracle web site. It's about 31 MB compressed.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Thu Mar 16 1995 - 07:41:35 CET

Original text of this message