Re: ora-3113

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 21:05:38 +0000

In article <D5EH7A.BqG_at_dorite.use.com>

           parker_at_dorite.use.com "Scott Parker" writes:

> One of the problems is that SQL*Net on the client thinks you still have a
> open connection. You might check the manual for the client SQL*Net on how
> to close or reset the buffer. I can't remember if you actual have to
> exit the client program and restart SQL*Net on the client. I wish I had
> some docs with me.
>
> I do remember you can see this if you turn debug mode on in SQL*Net on
> the client.
>

> Larry S. Dare (ldare_at_bach.seattleu.edu) wrote:
>
> : I am in the final phases of a program checkout. One of the test is
> : haveing the client program recononnect if it loses its oracle
> : connection.

> : For the server side, oracle cleans up nicely. From the client side
> : the program receives a ora3113 ora3114.

> : It then returns a ora1075 after it tries to reconnect, which says
> : that I am already connected.

> : Any clues on how to DISCONNECT the program so it can connect again?

> : Thanks

> : --
> : Larry S. Dare
> : ldare_at_wdni.com
>

> : --
> : Larry S. Dare
> : ldare_at_wdni.com

Sounds a bit like some things that happen to me... 1 is that if I try to do a SqlNet v2 to v2 connection, if something is wrong (e.g. the password) then when I put it right I still get an error, and have to shut and restart the listener to make it go right again. 2 is that from DOS SqlNet I can connect from the C:\> prompt using sqlplus, but from within Windows using ODBC and Access, I get ORA-3113. Any ideas on 2?

--
Tom Cooke               tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk             +44 (0)1782 748027
North Staffordshire Hospital Computer Centre, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, UK