ORACLE & SAS/C with Sockets

From: Byron <byron_at_sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 17:01:50

Hi all,
Using PRO*C 1.5 and SAS/C on MVS - yes M-V-S - I have been unsuccessful in link-editing such a beast whenever I try to include the SAS/C Socket libraries. The compile parms which enable the "long function names" don't seem to be compatible with PRO*C which insists on 8 character-max function names. Input from **ANYONE** who has done work with SAS/C and MVS with ORACLE would be most appreciated. Oracle has been no help. They just laughed
(in the background) when I asked for a sample program which would compile on
MVS. They offered a VM test program.

Please contact me if you can help. Thanks very much in advance.

Byron
byron_at_sfsu.edu
(415)338-2627