Re: [Q] ASCII file to read and write

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 15 Mar 1995 00:57:15 GMT

S. Guimont (HS99_at_music.mus.polymtl.ca) wrote:
: Hello!
: I have an ASCII file with many informations (name, prices,...)
: I have to read it, make request to update the database with that data.
: What is the simple way to do that???

:
: I have to make some get request and put the result in an ASCII file.
: How to write this information in a file???
:
: I use ORACLE 7.
:
: Thanks,
: Sylvie Guimont
: RDI
Bon Jour,

Load your data with the Oracle7 Loader utility, do the updates with SQL*Plus if they require no interactive input, then "spool" the results of the updates to a text file.

There are many other ways of doing it.

EP Received on Wed Mar 15 1995 - 01:57:15 CET

Original text of this message