Re: Connecting Oracle Server via Modem

From: Scott Parker <parker_at_dorite.use.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 14:50:31 GMT

Try looking at SQL*Net Async

Raja S Ahmed (raja_at_rccsun) wrote:
: Can anybody tell me how to connect Oracle Server from a Client via Modem
: dial up mode. I am using Oracle tools under windows(3.1) and my serevr is
: under SUN/Solarise using RDBMS 7.0. I have tried to use SQL*NET TCP/IP with
: SLIP connection. I dial up to a terminal serevr and then try to connect the
: Oracle server but it doesn't work. It tries to connect to the Oracle Server
: but after few seconds it gets disconnected automatically. Thanks in advance.

: RAJA
: Systems Analyst
: Asian Institute of Technology
: Bangkok