Re: Can PL/SQL Access a "Foreign" Function?

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 14 Mar 1995 06:54:46 GMT

In article <3jq9kq$k1g_at_maggie.austin.wireline.slb.com> jurgens_at_austin.wireline.slb.com (Tim Jurgensen) writes:
>I would like to invoke a C-language function (that I write) from within a
>PL/SQL procedure; is this possible? If so, I'd appreciate any pointers to
>the appropriate documentation.

Within any of the Developer/2000 tools (Forms 4.5, Graphics 2.5, Reports 2.5, and Procedure Builder 1.5), you can do this using the ORA_FFI PL/SQL package. Consult the Procedure Builder documentation for more information.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG