Forms 4.0 and Large Images

From: Houckster <houckster_at_aol.com>
Date: 13 Mar 1995 21:34:48 -0500

We are trying to store large images (photographs saved as TIF) but Forms 4.0 tends to dither images beyond recognition and 256 color images seem to be displayed in 16 colors. The max_length attribute can only be 64K and our images can be 400+ KB. Does anyone have experience with storing photographs? Also, the Oracle docs say that images are compressed 3:1 to 10:1 but Oracle support says that the images are stored 1:1??? I can't tell the length of the LONG RAW field so I can't determine if compression (and thus loss of resolution) is being done.

Thanx in advance,
Houckster Received on Tue Mar 14 1995 - 03:34:48 CET

Original text of this message