Re: Where are the error code

From: Steve Y LU <ylu_at_jolt.mt.att.com.>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 22:07:52 GMT

We have some Sybase performance problem for Sybase 10.

We have database on two machines, with same CPU and configuration. On machine 1.
The number of buffers in buffer cache is 5751. When I run "select count(*) from "table name" with set statistics io on
logical reads: 7259, physical reads: 7259

On machine 2.
The number of buffers in buffer cache is 4800 When I run "select count(*) from "table name" with set statistics io on
logical reads: 4627, physical reads: 0

The data on machine 2 is bcp from machine 1. The data on machine 1 is loaded directly from loader.

Questions:
1. Why the number of logical reads on machine 2 is less than machine 1. 2. We run some reports on machine 1 and machine 2. The report on machine 1 is much slower than machine 2. Why?

Steve lu

ylu_at_probe.att.com
(908)-957-3446 Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 23:07:52 CET

Original text of this message