Re: How the Hell !!!!

From: Pedro Pimentel <ppf_at_uninova.pt>
Date: 13 Mar 1995 21:04:32 GMT

In article <1995Mar8.153038.20764_at_schbbs.mot.com>, rossk_at_tigger.geg.mot.com (Ross Klippert x2965) says:

>---
>In article Fr6_at_netrix.com, mmayer_at_netrixgw.netrix.com (Mark Mayer) writes:
>> How the hell can a guy learn ORACLE if I can't get anyone to hire
>>me if I haven't touched it before and I can't touch it unless
>>someone hires me!!!! I've had experience with INGRESS and PC based
>>databases plus I have a degree in mathematics. What the Fuck am I
>>going to have to do Lie Steal Cheat!!!! There no room for us honesty
>>sons of bitches anymore.

Get the Personal Oracle demo from the Oracle site. Install it. Read all the help files. Manage your own database. Try to use ODBC to make a visual interface to it. It's not perfect but is a way to start.

--
Pedro Pimentel
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia / Universidade Nova de Lisboa