Re: [Q] DB2 to Oracle 7 conversion?

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 13 Mar 1995 21:52:26 GMT

In <3jneeb$c37_at_usenet.interramp.com>, bendermac_at_interramp.com writes:

>Hi,
>We like to export & convert some data from DB2 tables and store it in Oracle7
>tables. DB2 is on MVS and Oracle 7 is on IBM RS/6000. MVS and RS/6000 are not
>
>connected to each other. Does anyone know how to do this?
>Thanks in advance
>Asim
>BMC
Have you thought about writing a DB2/QMF query to dump the DB2 table into an ASCII file and then loading the ASCII file into an Oracle table you created on the RS6K via SQL*LOADER? This is the easiest method I have found so far.

M.Landa Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 22:52:26 CET

Original text of this message