Re: How the Hell !!!!

From: <febbo_at_madnix.uucp>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 03:47:12 GMT

Ross Klippert x2965 (rossk_at_tigger.geg.mot.com) wrote:

: In article Fr6_at_netrix.com, mmayer_at_netrixgw.netrix.com (Mark Mayer) writes:

: > How the hell can a guy learn ORACLE if I can't get anyone to hire
: >me if I haven't touched it before and I can't touch it unless
: >someone hires me!!!! I've had experience with INGRESS and PC based

Yes it is...and a very good question, applicable to a lot of other areas too.

Here's the answer...

You can read here about Personal Oracle, free or nearly so as a download or CD. Get it and work with it. But even before, you've got to pick up some books of the tons and tons in bookstores. You can mentally fit the pieces, at least on a limited configuration. And then develop an application (the famous address-book, to start). Then do one for a friend .... Hobby-persons are usually ahead of pro's, I've found. On the resume '.....and developed working interested in Oracle rdbms-sql-etc......and programmed database for .....client' At the inteview, enthusiasm is as valuable as techinical prowness. One's who know it all are usually bored by that time anyway.

Best regards and luck .....James Febbo Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 04:47:12 CET

Original text of this message