Re: Installation problems with Oracle for NT Workgroups

From: Matt White <mwhite_at_omni.voicenet.com>
Date: 11 Mar 1995 02:48:24 GMT

In article <3jh2gn$ked_at_huey.cadvision.com>, linkletk_at_cadvision.com (Kent Linkletter) says:

>I recently downloaded the Oracle for NT demo file from the Oracle WWW
>server and have been having LOTS of problems getting the install program
>to run to completion. It seems to be able to do the ORANT install fine
>but when it comes to installing the Windows component, it simply stops
>installing at random points. I'm running NT Workstation 3.5 on a
>stand alone Gateway P5-66 with 16MB memory (the bare minimum for Oracle).
>
>If you've had this problem, and hopefully solved it, I'd appreciate some
>hints on what to do.

Kent:

        I had the same problems as you have described above -- I just tried and tried again, about 5 times, until the whole install went through properly...

        I am now tring to get the Oracle server to start via the graphical tools for Oracle!

Regards,
Matt Received on Sat Mar 11 1995 - 03:48:24 CET

Original text of this message