7.0.16->7.1.4 Data Migration

From: Barry Roomberg <barry_roomberg_at_iacnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 19:29:29 GMT

I'm in the process of moving from 7.0.16 to 7.1.4. I've done the upgrade on my test machine, and am slowly recompiling all my programs.
I want to be able to run my production programs on the test machine and the regular production machine with the same data, and then compare output to make sure nothing got broke.

My problem is my data on the test machine is out of date. I want to be able to do a raw device copy between the 2 machines to bring the data up to date, and then upgrade the database data dictionaries to be 7.1.4. I can't run exp/imp cause it'll take around 20 hours for the imp, and I have to do this several times.

Is it possible to copy the data files over, startup using the new 7.1.4 executables, and run data dictionary upgrade scripts. If so, what scripts do I need to run? Received on Fri Mar 10 1995 - 20:29:29 CET

Original text of this message