Re: Q: Column Level Security

From: John_Greco <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: 9 Mar 1995 20:59:30 GMT

jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu (Jonathan Wayne Ingram) wrote:

> jpadilla_at_epix.net wrote:
>

> : Hola!

> : I am working in a application in which we need to be able to enforce column
> : level security dynamically. What I mean by dynamically is that we will be
> : having a pool of modules that we need to assign to users depending on the
> : user position, etc.
>
> Jonathan
> jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu

The way I use to limit access on a column level is to

create views that contain only the columns you want the

user to see .... grant the user access ONLY to the view, not

the underlying table and the access is limited.

Hope it helps :)

John Greco
Oracle DBA ( 7.0.16.., Netware ) Received on Thu Mar 09 1995 - 21:59:30 CET

Original text of this message