Re: How the Hell !!!!

From: Bob Blizard <rblizard_at_bb.ultranet.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 15:48:15 GMT

In article <D53EoB.Fr6_at_netrix.com> mmayer_at_netrixgw.netrix.com (Mark Mayer) writes:
>From: mmayer_at_netrixgw.netrix.com (Mark Mayer)
>Subject: How the Hell !!!!
>Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 23:02:34 GMT

> How the hell can a guy learn ORACLE if I can't get anyone to hire
>me if I haven't touched it before and I can't touch it unless
>someone hires me!!!! I've had experience with INGRESS and PC based
>databases plus I have a degree in mathematics. What the Fuck am I
>going to have to do Lie Steal Cheat!!!! There no room for us honesty
>sons of bitches anymore.

Do what I have done - find a place at a shop which does Ingres now, and Oracle soon (or now), and slide yourself into the Oracle stuff by virtue of your brilliance and insistence. In my case, it involved starting with dBase on Novell, and riding that to Oracle on unix.

It can be done! Remember what the sage said about getting what you want out of life: "If you want to park in the front row, go there." Received on Wed Mar 08 1995 - 16:48:15 CET

Original text of this message