Re: 7.1 install

From: Ian_Cummings <ian_at_shade.cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 8 Mar 1995 14:11:02 GMT

In article <3jfcvk$cbe_at_ftp.tnrcc.texas.gov>, cpearce_at_tnrcc.state.tx.us (Cindy Pearce) writes:
> Kim Nash (ksn_at_mail.cw.com) wrote:
> : anyone having trouble with installing 7.1, particularly 7.1.4?
>

> I just installed 7.1.4 on a HP9000/735 HP-UX 9.05....
> I didn't have any problems....
> jamesj

We have just spent the last 2 weeks upgrading two machines running Solaris 2.3 on Sun Sparc's from 7.0.15 to 7.1.3 and trying to get it all working.

SQL*Net failed to work on both machines, until we disabled NIS+, at which point things started working OK. Oracle Tech Support here in the UK was unable to solve the problem whilst telling us that it worked in the US without any problems, so the last two days have been spent reinstalling 7.0.15 since we need NIS+ to be running on these machines.

Note that the installation process was simple, it was getting the system working afterwards that was giving us grief!!!

--
Ian_Cummings_at_cegelecproj.co.uk