Re: Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.0 conversion (Question)

From: Craig Kasold <cdg_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 8 Mar 1995 12:01:48 GMT

In <3j4vgm$duo_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com> sakrishn_at_us.oracle.com (Sudharsan (cntr - jengman) Krishnamurthy) writes:

>To all forms gurus
> I am in the process of converting a SQL*Forms 3.0 Character Mode
>application to Forms 4.0, I would kindly appreciate if anybody could
 provide me
>info regarding the feasabilty of this, the tools which would help me in
 doing
>this, the important things to be taken care of , how easy/difficult is
 this
>exercise as my application is quite a large one, is there any
 documentation
>which deals with this.
>
>Thanking you in advance
>Sudharsan. K

Sudharsan,
  I have tried to convert a simple form froms3.0 to forms4.5 and have had no luck. The only "error" I get is that there was an error while doing the conversion. I have asked ORACLE to help figure out the problem (which I believe is probably a simple solution), but I have not been able to find anyone who can help. I am still waiting for a person from ORACLE to help me, but I think he may be stumped also. I would not convert to forms4.0, there are really to many problems you may run into.  If at all possible convert to forms4.5
Craig Received on Wed Mar 08 1995 - 13:01:48 CET

Original text of this message