Re: ORA VBX error OIP-04119

From: Douglas Fisher <fisher_at_interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 95 02:57:56 GMT

Keith Lally <lally_at_sun10.sep.bnl.gov> wrote:
>I'm using the Oracle VBX data control and get the OIP-04119 error
>with the following scenario:
>
>1 change a value in a field bound to the control
>2 scroll to the next record
>3 scroll back to the first record (record appears updated)
>4 change the bound value again
>5 scroll to the next record
>
> OLE Automation Error: OIP-04119: Data has been modified
>
>appears at this point. What is going on here? The changed value in
>step 1 should be updated to the database when the record is changed
>in step 2 and appears to be in step three. Why can't I change the
>record again in step 4?

The record appears modified to the front-end because the front-end is not (by default) aware of values that are set or modified by the server when records are inserted or updated.

The Oracle data control has an option that you can set that will allow fields to be assigned values by the server.

The final values for the fields are then read back into the local copy.  When you attempt to edit the record again, the values on the server match those stored locally and ta-da (hopefully) no OIP-04119.

Try setting the options property of the oracle data control to ORADB_ORAMODE, to Let Oracle set default field values.

The value of ORADB_ORAMODE is defined in a text file that you can paste into an ORACLE.BAS module.

The help page is under OLE OBJECTS/DATA CONTROL/PROPERTIES/OPTIONS.

Doug. Received on Wed Mar 08 1995 - 03:57:56 CET

Original text of this message