ORA VBX data control and raise_application_error

From: Douglas Fisher <fisher_at_interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 95 03:17:16 GMT

I have bound a TrueGrid Pro grid to an Oracle data control. When I refresh the data control, the grid fills with the data from the database, and I can move my cursor about.

When a record is updated I evaluate the data in a trigger. If I evaluate the data to be nonsense, I use the raise_application_error statement to cause the trigger to fail, the operation to roll back, and a message to be returned.

The problem is, I never get the message.

All I get is "couldn't update record" in a VB message box.

If I execute the update statement using SQL*Plus I get what I expected:

OLE automation error, "Your record contained absolute nonsense.", error in trigger dome_ar in line 10, etc, etc.

Doug. Received on Wed Mar 08 1995 - 04:17:16 CET

Original text of this message