Re: WOW Gateway

From: Dave Easeman <easemand_at_x500.bt.co.uk>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 13:28:27 GMT

Mike Pawlowski <mpawlowski_at_mail.biosis.org> wrote:

> I am working on a DEC 5240 box with Ultrix 4.4 on it. Our version of
> Oracle is 7.0.16. We have not been able to get the WOW gateway to work
> yet with this release. The documentation indicates you must have Oracle
> 7.1.3 or higher. Has anybody gotten this gateway to work first, and second
> any luck with a 7.0 version?

Yes and yes! Running on a Sun box using SunOS 4.1.3 and Oracle 7.0.16.6. In what way can you not get it working? To compile wowstub.c for 7.0.16 you need to amend the makefile as indicated in the documentation. I set up a db user www to hold the stored procedures, moved the compiled wowstub and the wow shell script to cgi-bin, created a wow directory under our existing htdocs root, and moved the example html's there. I then accessed example pages and ran the demonstration.

The wow script needed amending for ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID, www user name and password, etc. I also amended the wow.sql script for the directory structure in use here. I have also written a few test procedures to access our own data. Received on Tue Mar 07 1995 - 14:28:27 CET

Original text of this message