WHY DOES WINDOWS FREEZE DURING LONG QUERY???????

From: Jean-Marc Boivin <jmboivin_at_cti.ulaval.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 18:40:06 GMT

Please help...
Two weeks ago I installed SQL*NET v2 Window on my PC. HOOOOOOOOOO, surprise, when I sent a complex SQL statement to the server I was able to switch to a other program (word Perfect, excel) with the alt-TAB key during the execution of my SQL on the server.
I was happy because it never worked with NET v1. Two days after it didn't worked (ie: the pc "freeze" during a long SQL statement). I probably touch something but I don't know what...
Does anybody know why I can't switch to a other program during the execution of a long query???? Is there a parameter or something else to control that?

May be I'am wrong but I don't see why a good Window program should freeze my machine on a long operation...

Thank you very much,

Jean-Marc Boivin
Universite Laval
Quebec Canada
mail: JEAN-MARC.BOIVIN_at_cti.ulaval.ca Received on Mon Mar 06 1995 - 19:40:06 CET

Original text of this message