Re: SQL*NET for clients>: 1.x vs 2.x

From: <paamaas_at_ibm.net>
Date: 3 Mar 1995 22:47:15 GMT

Date: March 3rd, 1995

Reply: on question whether you need to migrate to SQL*Net v2.*

The answer is NO, you can still use your SQL*Net v1.*. There is however the disadvantage that Oracle Corporation will NOT support this version much longer...so....at some time in the near future, you will have to!

SQLNET v2.* is not as simple to install as v1.*, especially not in a "multicommunity" -environment with several Protocols working together via the new Multi-Protocol-Interchange package. But once you got it running, you will be satisfied, at least we were after four weeks of trying and learning the product.

Good Luck to you !

Peter Maas (paamaas_at_ibm.net)