Re: Port ORACLE Server 7 to Windows NT?

From: james.mumper <jimm_at_cbnews.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 13:55:06 GMT

In article <3j4pl9$jpa_at_vtc.tacom.army.mil>, eroche <eroche_at_belvoir.army.mil> wrote:
>Help! I have a small database on an EP/IX 2.11ac system that I want to port
>to Windows NT. First, is it directly portable? What type of products
>do they offer for Windows NT....Meaning, is it bit mapped like VB and if it
>is, how does it port over?
>
>When you install Oracle on Windows NT, is it personal Oracle that got
>a multiuser license or is it the newest product Oracle Workgroup 2000.
>
>Oh, is this product out in beta or is it production yet?

Oracle Workgroup 2000 is not A product, it is many products. The RDBMS products are Personal Oracle 7, Oracle Workgroup Server for NT, and Oracle Enterprise Server for NT. The enterprise server is supposed to start shipping now, although I haven't heard yet whether it is.

Jim Received on Fri Mar 03 1995 - 14:55:06 CET

Original text of this message