Oracle Workgroup Server, what is it ?

From: Ernst Kloecker <ernst_at_fritz.snafu.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 20:16:19 GMT

Hallo,

I just read about a new product called Oracle Workgroup Server.

It is supposed to be Oracle 7 with some missing high end features, but with a Windows DB setup and administration tool. The server runs on Windows NT, Netware and some PC Unixes.

Does any body know what exactly the missing features are ?
(I think parallel processing and DB mirroring)

On which underlying network protocol is Oracle Workgroup Server for Windows NT based ?
(TCP/IP, SPX, named pipes or NetBIOS ?)

If several, do you get all protocols if you buy one copy of Oracle Workgroup Server ?

This product sounds very interesting to me. At the moment one can get Oracle Workgroup Server for Windows NT (5 Users) at a price of DM 2000,-. This is dead cheap compared to other Oracle 7 licenses.

Thanks for any info, Ernst.

Ernst Kloecker          ernst_at_fritz.snafu.de