Re: SQLPLUS

From: Stephen Newhouse <aj583_at_lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 04:18:56 GMT

In a previous article, stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu (Stan Novinsky) says:

>I recently installed ORACLE7.1. When I activate SQLPLUS
>from the command line and enter HELP, I receive the
>following message:
>
> HELP not accessible.
>
>Otherwise, it works fine. Am I forgetting to install someting from
>the distribution CD for HELP text?
>
>Thanks
>
>stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu

help is not automatically installed. You have to tell the installation script to install help (it asks you when you create the instance). Of course, you haven't indicated the platform for 7.1 that you are running under... I refer to Unix, VMS platforms. Personal 7.1 has a help system through windows. If you've got unix/vms you might look for a script file like 'HELPINS.SQL' that would install for you, assuming that you have enough space in your system tablespace. Received on Fri Mar 03 1995 - 05:18:56 CET

Original text of this message