Re: Personal Oracle7 info needed

From: Stephen Newhouse <aj583_at_lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 04:00:51 GMT

In a previous article, tpagnoni_at_ix.netcom.com (Tony Pagnoni) says:

>It would seem a Personal Database would need some tool for data entry,
>editing and retrieval. I do not understand why Oracle would make what
>seems like wonderful database management tools available with Personal
>Oracle, but no data record management tools. I cant believe that I would
>need to code inserts and updates in SQLPUS to manipulate data. What am I
>missing?. Can you buy FORMS4 to access ORACLE7 database?.

Yes, you can buy FOrms 4.0 and Reports 2.0 for windows. They are supposed to work with Personal Oracle 7, though they were originally designed to work in a client-server environment and unless you have 32 mb of RAM, you may or may not get this whole thing to work. Personal Oracle 7 runs in WIN32S, a 32bit subset of Windows 95, which comes with the product. I've installed this on a number of PC's and only about 50% of the PC's will run PO7 without locking up or rebooting the PC. If it works, though, you really only should be using this as a development environment until WIndows 95, which I would hope is a more reliable environment than WIN32S. Received on Fri Mar 03 1995 - 05:00:51 CET

Original text of this message