Re: Oracle Power Objects

From: Stephen Newhouse <aj583_at_lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 04:06:54 GMT

In a previous article, melba_at_eucmvx.sim.ucm.es () says:

>In article <3ie4v6$cl5_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, dwb9574278_at_aol.com (DWB9574278) writes:
>> Does anyone have any information on this product? What
>> advantage/disadvantage does it have over Oracle*Forms? What are its
>> limitations?

I'm no expert here, being an end-user. And I'm not sure just how complicated an answer you are requesting. But, here's a simple explanation. Power objects is planned as a competitor to Powerbuilder, SQL Windows, Access, Foxpro, Paradox, etc. It is a GUI devleopment environment for Windows, not intended as a portable development tool. Forms is a higher-level development tool that is portable across platforms, PC, mini, mainframe. From what I hear,
Oracle intends to aggressively market power objects to get some market share from the other GUI environments. They currently claim that won't be the case with Forms/Reports (believe what you want). Received on Fri Mar 03 1995 - 05:06:54 CET

Original text of this message