Re: Oracle Datatypes Question

From: Dave Crowson <dcrowson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 15:07:21

In article <3iv8ri$69q_at_stc06.CTD.ORNL.GOV> fhb_at_ornl.gov (Frances Butler) writes:
>I'm a newbie to Oracle, and have just begun to do some reading on
>this subject. I have consulted Oracle documentation, but I'm
>still confused. Here's the question: can you provide a brief
>novice-type explanation of when one would use an integer datatype
>versus a number datatype?

Oooh, that's a hard one ;-)

Use INTEGER for storing whole numbers , like, err, integers and use NUMBER for storing non-integer values, like 4,567 or 123.6789

Clear ?

David Crowson                        Oracle Consultant (since '83)
igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk             weirdguy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk
'Hit them in the Face, with a Funky Bass, for a Happy Smiling Race' Received on Thu Mar 02 1995 - 15:07:21 CET

Original text of this message