Re: Oracle 7.1.3 plsql bug - help!

From: Brian Stanek <bstanek_at_indy.net>
Date: 2 Mar 1995 00:47:21 GMT

Gary Gapinski (gary_at_wpogws.lerc.nasa.gov) wrote:
: I have seen a similar problem using Oracle 7.1.4 on AIX. The parser on
: recent releases took a marked turn for the worse, and now loops or
: aborts when it encounters simple syntax errors (missing punctuation,
: unclosed quotes of IF statements, etc.). I end up with either a process
: "[oracle]" looping until killed, or loss of the process with an
: unhelpful .trc file. Occasionally, the departed process leaves a data
: dictionary lock requiring the data base to be shut down in order to
: clear the lock.

: I have no idea why it might fail on only one of your systems.

I have had this simular problem. After talking to support, we determined that we did not have some links from files in the $ORACLE_HOME/plsql another directory. I cannot remember the directory name (my mind stops working about 5:00pm) but it was an unusual name that started with an 's'.

If you want the exact name of the directory and the files, send me a message and I will get them

Brian Stanek
Profound Consulting
bstanek_at_indy.net Received on Thu Mar 02 1995 - 01:47:21 CET

Original text of this message