Re: View error, but User has been granted permissions

From: Keith Thompson <mcdoo_at_worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 2 Mar 1995 05:12:26 GMT

In article <cfischer.41.0012984E_at_tyrell.net>, cfischer_at_tyrell.net (Craig J. Fischer) says:

>Account C has been granted Select on all of A's and B's objects, but when C
>tries to select from one of B's views, an ORA-00942 error occurs, like:
>
>SQL> SELECT * FROM foo
> *
>ORA-00942 table or view does not exist.

This sounds to me more like a problem of name resolution. Does C have own a private synonym called 'foo' for 'B.foo'? Alternately, is there a public synonym 'foo' for 'B.foo'?

The symptoms of your problem seems to indicate that the third party stuff owned by A has had public synonyms created for them, making them visible to both B and C, without having to fully qualify the names in the select.

Hope this helps.

Keith Thompson Received on Thu Mar 02 1995 - 06:12:26 CET

Original text of this message