Re: Table sampling question

From: Paolo Bertiglia <pbertigl_at_io.com>
Date: 1 Mar 1995 14:24:10 GMT

rfernand_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Rodrigo P. Fernandez) wrote:

> Hi,
> I dont think it can be done with a select statement. I would appreciate
> if someone can post on this. May be thro cursors yes.
>
> Srini Kumar

As the relational theory asses that you can't know the order of a table if you don't specify it sampling using rownum is the same thing than select the first n row. So, for me, the question lack of relational sense.

If you use an order by then use the ordered key to made the sampling.

Paolo Bertiglia (from Italy :) Received on Wed Mar 01 1995 - 15:24:10 CET

Original text of this message