Re: Oraperl, Oracle env varaiables & the Web

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 28 Feb 1995 14:48:37 -0600

In article <3ivku2$j4f_at_lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>, Suresh Kumar <skumar_at_ciesin.org> wrote:
>I am using oraperl to query my oracle database from
>a www client. My cgi-bin script has the following lines...
>
>print "before oralogin";
>
>$lda = &ora_login('XXXXX', 'YYYYY', 'ZZZZZ');
>
>print "after oralogin";
>
>The lines after the ora_login are not executed, probably because
>I dont have a session to continue. Do I have to set any oracle environment
>variable? If so what and how? Any help in this regard would be
>highly appreciated.

Suresh, I've got some database demos that include the source for a generic select via web browsers (actually, I converted the example "sql" script supplied in the oraperl distribution). It's the last link on the page at:
http://bristol.onramp.net/

There should be enough in the example to get you pointed in the right direction.

Mike Marolda

mmarolda_at_onramp.net Received on Tue Feb 28 1995 - 21:48:37 CET

Original text of this message