Which Development Platform???

From: William M Ryan <ryan_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 13:55:23 PST

I would appreciate comments from developers out there on which development platform they or their company chose to develop their applications on (ie Gupta, PowerBuilder, UniFace etc.). Also any comments on which CASE (Upper and Lower) tools are being used (ie. ER/Win etc). We have an application that was developed in Oracle 6.0, Forms 3.0 and ReportWriter 1.1. We have commited to upgrading to Oracle 7.1 and want to move our app to a GUI platform. We must be able to port our app to various hardware platforms (Sun, HP, PC, MAC) and operating systems (X/Open, Motif, MS Windows, Apple Windows).
Any comments would be appreciated and can be posted to this newsgroup or directly to ryan_at_acs.ucalgary.ca
Thanks in advance...

Bill Ryan Received on Mon Feb 27 1995 - 22:55:23 CET

Original text of this message