Re: Oracle 7.1.3 plsql bug - help!

From: Gary Gapinski <gary_at_wpogws.lerc.nasa.gov>
Date: 27 Feb 1995 18:20:07 GMT

I have seen a similar problem using Oracle 7.1.4 on AIX. The parser on recent releases took a marked turn for the worse, and now loops or aborts when it encounters simple syntax errors (missing punctuation, unclosed quotes of IF statements, etc.). I end up with either a process "[oracle]" looping until killed, or loss of the process with an unhelpful .trc file. Occasionally, the departed process leaves a data dictionary lock requiring the data base to be shut down in order to clear the lock.

I have no idea why it might fail on only one of your systems. Received on Mon Feb 27 1995 - 19:20:07 CET

Original text of this message