Re: PL/SQL Arrays in Oracle Forms 4

From: Brian Stanek <bstanek_at_indy.net>
Date: 26 Feb 1995 20:10:41 GMT

Mark David Butler (butlerm_at_xmission.xmission.com) wrote:

: Does anyone know which versions of Oracle Forms support
: PL/SQL arrays as described in the PL/SQL 2.0 reference manual?

: My version of Forms 4.0 for Windows does not.

: I need to implement some simple data structures like context stacks
: for use in PL/SQL procedures. I could use global variables as in the
: example in the Forms Reference Manual under the Name_In() function,
: but I need my stacks to be private to each form and using dynamically allocated
: global variables does not look very efficient.

Mark:

I have a copy of 4.5.5 and it does not support arrays. The PL/SQL engine included with forms 4.5 is still version 1.x. Instead of using arrays we create record groups. To find values, you have to perform a full scan but that is better than not using arrays.

Brian Stanek
Profound Consulting Received on Sun Feb 26 1995 - 21:10:41 CET

Original text of this message