Re: Forms 3.0 to 4.5

From: Craig Kasold <cdg_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 26 Feb 1995 05:04:25 GMT

In <kmallory-2502951846090001_at_tsde001-ppp8.us.oracle.com> kmallory_at_oracle.com (Kevin Mallory) writes:

>In article <3imlvs$3j6_at_ixnews1.ix.netcom.com>, cdg_at_ix.netcom.com (Craig
>Kasold) wrote:
>
>> Athanssius,
>> I have tried to do a conversion from 3.0 to 4.5, and I was
 unsuccessful.
>> I have sent a message to the forms developers about a week or 10 days
>> ago, and THEY are still looking at the problem (or at least they have
>> not responded yet). If you get an answer, would you please let me
 know?
>> Thank you,
>> Craig
>>
>> In <3il55p$8ft_at_nic-nac.CSU.net> achong2_at_jupiter.calstatela.edu
>> (Athanhsius Chong) writes:
>>

>> >Hi Oracle guru:
>> >
>> > Can someone share their experience converting forms 3.0 to 4.5? I
 am
>> >planning to do the conversion soon?. Any reference book that I
 should
 have
>> >?. I am converting to Oracle 7.x and using CDE2(beta) version.
>> >on a 486/66 16mb with 1gb hd.
>> >Thanks.
>> >

>Hello.
>
> I've not seen any message floating around our email system from you,
>who did you email it to? Can you explain in a little more detail what
>your problem is? (Perferably in news...) Unsuccessful is a little vague
 of
>a description. Forgive me if you posted the problem in news already,
 but I
>couldn't locate your posting on our news server any longer.
>
>For the network and the curious.... The upgrade from 3.0 to 4.5
 directly
>is supported. The Oracle Worldwide Bug Tracking database is a Forms
 3.0
>application which is upgraded every night in our regression tests, and
 we
>run it (in character mode on unix) using 4.5 (and
>have been doing so for over a year). The bug database application is
 quite
>complex (30 or so forms) and uses nearly all the features of forms 3.0
 including
>stored procedure support in oracle 7.0.
>
>--
>
>Kevin Mallory
>Archtect,
>Quality and Performance
>Enterprise/Object Tools
>Oracle Corporation

Kevin,
  I had sent a message to f45devsup. The following is the problem I am having.
  I am being given the info that a user can not convert from forms3.0 to forms4.5. According to the instructions (help), and the book you can. When I tried to convert I kept getting the error FRM-30201 an error occured durning form upgrade. The next alert box states that the form was not converted. That was all the errors and alerts. This was a pretty vague message and when I looked up the error it stated the cause as 'an error occured durning the 3.0 to 4.5 conversion'. Then it refered me to the DBA or ORACLE people. (I am the DBA, and I don't know how that explaination helps me). I put a message out on the BBS and was given the answer that I must convert to forms4.0 first!! Is the possible??? I am sure it is not and that there must be another solution, for why would I have to buy forms4.0 just to convert to forms4.5??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Craig Received on Sun Feb 26 1995 - 06:04:25 CET

Original text of this message