Re: Determining column contraints for tables

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_tpd.dsccc.com>
Date: 25 Feb 95 19:46:38 GMT

Brian Kildea (kildeab_at_bah.com) wrote:
: I'm trying to understand the design of a rather large Oracle 7
: database with little to no documentation about it.

: Specifically, I would like to know if there is any way to find out
: what columns are unique or primary keys. I tried the 'describe'
: command within SQL*Plus but it shows only column names and data
: types. I have not found anything in any books on Oracle.

: Thanks in advance. Please reply to my e-mail address:
: kildeab_at_bah.com.

Try looking in SQL Language Reference Manual under Data Dictionary. (Version 6.0 pg A-2)

There are views on
ALL_INDEXES, ALL_CONSTRAINTS, ALL_SEQUENCES, ALL_VIEWS.......

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you