Re: ORACLE*CASE in 7.1

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_netcom.com>
Date: 24 Feb 95 15:28:46 GMT

In article <3ikqm2$2pn_at_lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu> zvi_at_umich.edu writes:
>In <3ik7ao$tc_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk>, Dave Easeman <easemand_at_x500.bt.co.uk> writes:
>
><<lots deleted>>
>>The product has been
>>rewritten for MS Windows only, it has been also been renamed, gained
>>an extra module to handle BPR stuff and has the new designer. It is
>>currently in beta.
>>
>what is the new name?
>what is BRP?

The new components are:

Oracle Process Modeller -- a tool for business process modelling and business

        process reengineering (BPR) (diagrammatic, NEW) Oracle Systems Modeller -- a tool for systems analysis (diagrammatic, roughly

        comparable to today's CASE Designer)
Oracle Systems Designer -- a tool for systems design (diagrammatic, NEW,

        equivalent to forms-based functionality previously in CASE Dictionary) Oracle Server Generator -- a tool for generating distributed databases and

	the server side of your applications (equivalent to functionality
	previously in CASE Dictionary)
Oracle Forms Generator -- a tool for generating Forms applications (upgrade
	to Forms Generator)
Oracle Reports Generator -- a tool for generating Reports applications (upgrade
	to Reports Generator)
Oracle Repository Administrator -- a tool for managing your models and
	repositories (NEW)
Oracle CASE Exchange -- a tool for exchanging models with other modelling
	products such as IEF, ADW, etc. (upgrade to CASE Exchange)

How these components will actually be packaged and priced has not yet been determined. You can get more information on this from your sales rep by asking them for the datasheet on "CDE2 CASE," which is the official name of this product set (not CASE 6, CDE2 CASE). If there is sufficient interest, I can post the copy of the data sheet and some white papers here.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,

--
-- Dennis Moore, Oracle Corp.