Re: Webmaster Kit for NT?

From: Bob Goldschmidt <rg5_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov>
Date: 24 Feb 95 13:46:36 GMT

In article <3hvruo$l34_at_darwin.nbnet.nb.ca> Rick Powers <rick_at_gov.nb.ca> writes:
>From: Rick Powers <rick_at_gov.nb.ca>
>Subject: Re: Webmaster Kit for NT?
>Date: 16 Feb 1995 15:45:28 GMT

>cheema_at_earth.sparco.com (Mubashir Cheema) wrote:
>>
>> rg5_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov (Bob Goldschmidt) writes:
>>
>> >Hello All:

>> >I am most interested in the new Oracle Webmaster kit - BUT - it is developed
>> >solely for Unix people. The downloadables are all in .TAR.Z format.
>>

>> Both, tar and gzip are available for NT from cica. I had no problem
>> unarchiving the file.
>>
>> I couldn't find oraperl for NT, so Oraywww is out. I couldn't understand
>> WOW and I am not sure if it was ever supposed to work under NT and if it
>> ever will. In short, I am a bit lost too.
>>
>> Mubashir Cheema
>> cheema_at_sparco.com

>I have also been trying to search down the components to run the WWW
>interface kit on NT. Unlike you I have not be able to unarchive the
>tar downloadables. I used winzip 5.6 under windows 3.1.You mentioned
>"tar and gzip are available for Nt from cica.", is that the utilities
>to uncompress tar files and if so what is the address for cica?

>Rick Powers
>rick_at_gov.nb.ca

>The resulting uncompressed file appears to containing 6 or 7 other
> Html howeverrecreate the
>tar

I was the one who set off this thread ... I downloaded WinZIP 5.6 from Compu$erve and installed it under Windows NT. I managed to unpack and install NT Perl. It is now running properly.

Now if only I know what to do with the stuff in the Webmaster's Kit everything would be just fine!!

Bob.

Bob Goldschmidt: Sr. Systems Analyst - Designer National Institutes of Health
Division of Research Grants
Email: RG5_at_DRGPO.DRG.NIH.GOV Received on Fri Feb 24 1995 - 14:46:36 CET

Original text of this message