Re: DBMS_PIPE messages lost

From: Keith Thompson <mcdoo_at_worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 24 Feb 95 00:59:09 GMT

In article <D4D2ny.FG0_at_actcom.co.il>, logon_at_actcom.co.il (Ariel Zach) says:
>It so seems that messages sent by DBMS_PIPE.SEND_MESSAGE
>was not received by DBMS_PIPE.RECEIVE_MESSAGE from the same pipe name.
>Moreover, the RECEIVE woke up later due to a timeout and never receive the
>message.

The only thing I can think of is that you did not properly prepare the message with DBMS_PIPE.PACK before issuing the SEND_MESSAGE. If that is the case, there would be no message to send.

Regards
Keith Received on Fri Feb 24 1995 - 01:59:09 CET

Original text of this message