Direct Path SQL*Loader

From: none-set <73314.605_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Feb 1995 04:23:33 GMT

I am having a problem with loading data via the direct path. The input file is an EBCDIC flat file downloaded from our mainframe with mixed character and packed data. I am using the CHARACTERSET WE8EBCDIC500 parameter in my control file. If I try to use the conventional path, everything is OK, but if I use direct path the load fails. I need to use the direct path because of the volume of data.
  Has anyone run into this same problem or been able to use the direct path with an EBCDIC input file? I would appreciate any help with this problem.
  By the way, I am using 7.0.15 on a Sun Sparc2000 running Solaris.

Thanks in advance,

Hirsch Malik
DBA
Merck & Co.
malikh_at_merck.com Received on Fri Feb 24 1995 - 05:23:33 CET

Original text of this message