Oracle 7.1.3 plsql bug - help!

From: Steve Williams <steverw_at_news.IntNet.net>
Date: 23 Feb 1995 16:59:42 -0500

We run Oracle 7.1.3 on SCO/MPX (UNIX) on our development server. If we try to compile a PL/SQL script with syntax error from within SQL*Plus, the SQL*Plus session hangs. This happens whether we run SQL*Plus on the client or the server. Doing a ls -l on the server side process shows that the process is in a loop (the number of cpu seconds get rapidly bumped up). We have to do a OS level kill to stop the process.

This does NOT happen on our production server. We run the same version of Oracle and UNIX on both.

We got desparate and reinstalled both SCO/UNIX and Oracle on the development server. The problem still exists.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this ?

--

    / Steve   /  steverw_at_intnet.net