Re: BITWISE AND

From: Keith Thompson <mcdoo_at_worldgate.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 23 Feb 1995 03:55:52 GMT

In article <3icgko$e15_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk>, Karl Zdero <karlz_at_pst.bt.co.uk> says:

>I have a conversion task to perform. One of the fields contains a
>series of 1's and 0's ie: 10011011.
>
>How would I in SQL, determine which flags are turned on in a SELECT
>statement?
>
>As far as I know, BITWISE ops are not possible in SQL.

You may try soring the data in a RAW column, then extracting the data using the DUMP function. I don't have time to go into explanations, but this may give you a starting point.

Good luck
Keith *<:o) Received on Thu Feb 23 1995 - 04:55:52 CET

Original text of this message