International Characters

From: John D. Martin <jdmartin_at_fohnix.metronet.com>
Date: 21 Feb 1995 22:56:28 -0600

Good Evening,

Currently I am working on a rehosting effort which entails importing table data from DB/2-MVS. The DB/2 table data is in EBCDIC, which is not the problem at hand. The table I am currently trying to load contains international characters. This table basically contains the "font" sets to allow a billing system to print Spanish and French; however, the umlated characters are not converting.

I have tried a couple different character sets on my control card and have not been successful. Could my data be converted incorrectly? Or is Oracle simply not recognizing the ASCII ESC sequences which represent these special characters.

Any and all help is appreciated.

John D. Martin

--