Re: Restricting access to Oracle database to only Oracle Forms

From: Kenneth D Atkins <Kenneth.D.Atkins_at_tek.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 07:13:32 GMT

You could setup a database role with a password, give it the appropriate access to your application and hard code the password into your application's startup form. There is a discussion and example of this in appendix J of the Oracle*Forms reference manual.

Kenneth Atkins
Financial Data Systems Incorporated
Kenneth.D.Atkins_at_tek.com

In article <3i6hehINN57u_at_yellowstone.cis.ohio-state.edu> patel_at_cis.ohio-state.edu (kant c patel) writes:>From: patel_at_cis.ohio-state.edu (kant c patel)>Subject: Restricting access to Oracle database to only Oracle Forms>Date: 18 Feb 1995 23:29:05 -0500