Re: ORACLE*CASE in 7.1

From: Tony Steele <steelea_at_install01.x500.bt.co.uk>
Date: 20 Feb 1995 13:42:46 GMT

cgohring_at_lucifer (Carl Gohringer) wrote:

> I sounds to me that you are talking about CASE*Dictionary v5.0.
> 5.0 will run successfully against Oracle 7.1.
>
> However, you are correct that there is a CASE*Dictionary v5.1 that is GUI,
> built in Oracle Forms v4.0. It does generate Oracle7 DDL, and
> there is an Oracle Forms Generator for Oracle Forms 4.0.
>
> Currently only available on MS-Windows, but very shortly available on Motif
> platforms.

I think "only just" is the operative word, this is typical of the accuracy of information you receive from Oracle people (especially in the Marketing area).

This statement would lead you to think that it is available as a product under Windows. What is available is a Beta release, that is very difficult to install and get working( Since we are next door to Oracle in the UK, Oracle support gave up with the telephone, and poped over to see use, he then spent almost a day trying to get it installed and working).

> Also, available within a matter of months, CDE2 CASE!!!
> IT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!

I'll believe it it when I see it.

Tony Steele, BT LSEC Received on Mon Feb 20 1995 - 14:42:46 CET

Original text of this message