Wanted: info on "Oracle GIS" ???

From: <andrew_at_ccc.govt.nz>
Date: 20 Feb 95 08:42:39 NZDT

Hi folks,

Last week I posted the following to comp.infosystems.gis:

: Just out of idle curiosity, is anyone out there working on a
: corporate-type GIS system where *all* the data ( spatial and aspatial
: ) is held in an industry-standard RDBMS ( e.g. Oracle ) and is
: accessed through a MS Windows front-end via *standard* database
: connectivity tools ( e.g. ODBC ) ????

and got the following reply:

> From my (old) information, Oracle itself is developing some or all of
> what you want at their Ottawa research site ...

Does anyone out there know anything about this ? Anyone from Oracle prepared to comment ?

Cheers, Andrew.

Andrew Groom                 Phone:	(03) 3711 862
GIS Business analyst, MIS    Fax:	(03) 3711 789
Christchurch City Council    Email:	andrew_at_ccc.govt.nz
P.O. Box 237, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND