Re: Help: Rollbacks Keep Blowing Up-v7.1.4

From: Output Services <output_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 00:58:42 GMT

In article <3h7amc$s7q_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> lgaard_at_aol.com (LGAARD) writes:
>On 2 Feb 1995, Bill Hungerford wrote:
>
>> Multiple SQL scripts running on system are blowing up due to rollback
>> segments ("snapshot too old").
>>
>> Also, it appears that when these jobs run, the rollback segments aren't
>> going into extents.
>>

>To review: more extents at optimal (not to more than 30 probably) and/or
>more rollback segments.
>I hope that helps.
>Laurel

I have very littly knowledge on this, but... I have had problems with RB segments NOT extending when there was plenty of space left in the tablespace and the segment needed to extend. I also got a snapshot too old message, and we never run more than three simultaneous trans.

I think the segment can only extend under certain circumstances, and if those are not met, it will blow up.

I got sick of busting them, so I created 8 equal rollback segs, each with min 16 extents, and each extent 16 meg. Problem solved.

Hope this helps,
Marty

--
                                             output_at_netcom.com